Wednesday 5 May 2010

Mango Muffins

Mangoes….just the mention brings water to our mouth! This heavenly taste fruit, rightly known as King of Fruits, can be eaten raw or mixed into many things or cooked by itself and eaten. Be in any form it is liked by one and all.

Today I have used mango pulp in my muffins. Trust me …it does taste great!

Here’ the recipe:



Makes 15 muffins (I have a tray of 12;used the balance for second batch)

Ingredients:

1 cup self raising flour
¾ cup caster sugar
100 gms butter (I have used Lurpak(unsalted)butter)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 large eggs
1 ripe (medium size) mango pulp

Steps:

In a large mixing bowl, put in the butter. The butter should be at room temperature.
Add in the sugar and mix well with a wooden spoon/whisk till the mixture is light and fluffy.
Break open the eggs, one by one and mix well in the butter –sugar mixture.
(I have used a hand blender to mix it and make the butter-sugar- egg mix frothy.)
Add the essence and baking powder and mix well with a wooden spoon/whisk.
Now slowly add the flour and fold it in the mixture with a spatula.
Add the mango pulp to this unbaked cake and mix it slowly with the spatula.
Pour the mix gently into the muffin cases.
Bake in the pre-heated oven at 180’c for 30 mins.(I have a fan oven).
As the muffins are baked ,the aroma will fill up the house.
Once done, unmould them and enjoy!

This recipe goes to Food-n-More ' event Mango Mood!

This is my first entry to any event ....hope everyone likes it!(just keeping my fingers crossed).

No comments: