Hello to all out there!blogging after a long time.....I know but you see this and that kept me busy!OK...no excuses ...and a biiig sorry.Hope after going over my next recipe ,you will forgive my long absence.
Now without wasting time,here' it:
1.5 cups of broken vermicelli
1 onion (medium one ) finely chopped
1/4 cup peas
1/4 cup corn
1 carrot(small) finely sliced into halves
1 small tomato finely chopped
2 tbsp coriander chopped finely
3 cups of water
1-2 tbsp of oil(I have used olive oil;any other can also be used)
a pinch of sugar
salt to taste
- Dry roast the vermicelli in a kadhai/wok till the vermicelli changes colour to light brown.Remove from fire and keep aside in a plate.
- Heat up the oil and then add onion,peas,corn and carrot and saute till half done.
- Then add the chopped tomato.Saute 1-2 mins.
- Add water to this mixture.(Be very careful when you do this,since you will be pouring water in hot oil and veggie mixture.)
- Add salt and sugar .
- Once the water starts boiling lighty,slowly add the vermicelli.While adding them stir in-between otherwise,it will become lumpy.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 mins.Stir after every min.
- Before getting the kadai/wok off the flame,just check if the vermicelli is done(just like checking if rice is done).If not done,then just put off the flame and let the utensil be on the gas for some time, ofcourse covered.
- Once done,then add the chopped coriander and sprinkle some lemon juice.
- Mix well and serve hot.Enjoy!!!
I havent added any chillies to this since I have prepared this keeping in mind my little one.Chillies can be added(along with onion ,peas and corn) to give it a spicy touch.