Thursday, 26 May 2011
Green rice was born bcoz my little one loves Spinach(or Palak) but equally hates Coriander(or Dhaniya) and green split Moong dal. So I thought of making Pulao and adding all the green stuff to it and yes….it turned out to be a good dish with hidden goodies.
1 cup uncooked rice (I have taken 95% rice and 5% dal)
2-3 tbspn chopped spinach
1-2 tbspn chopped coriander
½ cup green peas
1 bay leaf
1 tspn jeera/cumin seeds
2 green elachi/cardamom
¼ inch dalchini / cinnamom
1 onion medium sized chopped finely
1-2 tspn oil
• Heat oil in a vessel. Add the jeera, bay leaf, cloves, elachi (slighty crushed) and the dalchini.
• Add the onions and mix well.
• Add the spinach , peas and then the rice and dal.
• Add 2 ¼ cups of water.
• Add salt to taste and put the lid on.
• When the rice is 80% done , add the coriander and mix gently.
• Add a tspn of ghee and mix slighty before serving.