Monday, 1 August 2011
Sweet corn is easily available these days and is usually in everyone’s freezer.
Sweet corn bharta is a dish which can be made in a jiffy especially when unexpected guests arrive.
1 ¼ cup boiled sweetcorn (Both frozen and fresh are fine to use)
1 medium onion chopped finely
½ medium sized tomato chopped finely
1 tbspn tomato puree (market one)
1 ½ tbspn kasuri meethi
1 tspn ginger-garlic paste
½ tspn garam masala/kitchen king masala
½ tspn turmeric powder
½ tspn chilli powder(or as per taste)
salt to taste
2 tbspn oil
• Coarsely grind ¾ of the total boiled corns.
• Heat oil in a kadhai .
• Add the chopped onions and garlic-ginger paste.
• Fry till the onions become quite translucent.
• Add the chopped tomato and tomato puree.
• Fry well till oil separates .
• Add kasuri methi ,masala and the turmeric-chilli powders
• Mix well.
• Add the grinded corn as well the whole ones.
• Add salt and cover – cook for 5 mins.
• Serve hot.
This bharta can be had with chappatis, naans ,parathas and rice.